Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Update: Refurbished MARC cars

Fourteen cars have new seats spread among train sets on the Penn Line, I learned at tonight's Meet the MARC Managers tonight at Union Station. (Through the winter these meetings will move inside at Union Station due to mostly outdoor conditions at in between MARC stations).

The refurbishment means 12 to 16 more seats per car. The trade off is 2 inches less leg room per seat, which caused many taller commuters to complain about the update to MARC managers tonight.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: stuckonmarc@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:53:55
To: Stuckonmarc<stuckonmarc.10minslate@blogger.com>
Subject: Refurbished MARC cars

Sitting in a refurbished MARC car on the 6:40pm Penn Line back to Baltimore.

It's not Amtrak but at least the seats and floor are clean. There's less legroom in the updated version but the seats themselves
are more comfortable. Something about the shape of the paired seats remind be of an airplane and there are no armrests dividing adjoing seats, which I find annoying.

I'll try to get some more information on the refurbishments at the Meet the MARC Managers event at Union Station tomorrow night.

I'll send a photo of the new seats from my Blackberry in a follow-up post.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment